[BlueOnyx:18610] Re: How can one configure additional ethernet ports on BlueOnyx 5209R?

Peter Yim peter.yim at cim3.com
Sun Nov 1 18:16:57 -05 2015

Hello Michael,

I ran into a new issue regarding ethernet connectivity last night (I believe.)

My BlueOnyx box has been up all last week and connecting to the
Internet properly. However, this morning, I discovered that I have
lost Internet connectivity (some time last night.). I proceeded with

(a) I noticed that (accessing from the console) the
</etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0> file seems to have been
corrupted:
where one used to have
  //
  IPADDR={the-assigned-static ip}
  //
I now see:
  //
  IPADDR=
  Error: Expetcted no more than 4 tokens for --input box, have 5.
  Use --help to list options.
  //

(b) I manually edited the </etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0>
file to restore the IP setting, and then restarted network with
  //
  # systemctl restart network.service
  //
... but Internet connectivity was not restored.

(c) rebooting system (by power cycling the box) did not help - still
don't have Internet connectivity.

Any idea why or what I've missed?

Thanks in advance,
Peter