[BlueOnyx:18614] Samsung mail app problems

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Wed Nov 4 22:15:09 -05 2015

This is slightly OT, as the problem is observed on BlueOnyx but also
others using Dovecot, such as cPanel.

Users have reported that email stops working after upgrading to the
latest Samsung Galaxy phones.  IMAP will initially work fine, and then
no messages will be received on the mobile device.   IMAP is functioning
fine on the server, and other devices are unaffected.   Removing the
account from the mobile device, then re-configuring from scratch will
result in email flowing again, but typically only for a few hours or
maybe a day.

I wonder if anybody else has observed this behavior, and if so, does
someone have magical advice on the matter?

At the moment I happen to be overseas and visiting a good friend (and
dedicated server customer) who was confronted by one of his customers.
  Both of us were scratching our heads, but this is the first I have
confirmed it happening on servers other than the ones I personally manage.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services