[BlueOnyx:18694] Re: IPv6 actual state?

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sun Nov 22 14:47:35 -05 2015

Hi Dirk,

> I think there was a discussion about ipv6. But I do not have the actual state in mind.
> Is ipv6 possible with BO?

It's still on my list and I'm in the idea collection phase for that.

The goal is to implement it as dual stack and then you can choose to
either have IPv4 only, IPv4 and IPv6 or only IPv6.

If you were running dual stack, Vsites could have an IPv4 and an IPv6 IP
address. If you run single stack the field for IPv4 or IPv6 of that
Vsite would be empty.

It's probably not overly complicated getting the basic logic into place.
It gets more complicated on the Perl end when I need to check things
like if the gateway IP is within the range of the network address range
specified by IP + Netmask. Or handling the extra logic for IP address
allocations.

I'd like to get this sorted sometime in the next couple of months, but
things like our little "side project" have me distracted. ;-)