[BlueOnyx:18695] 5209R DNS

Robert Fitzpatrick robert at webtent.org
Mon Nov 23 09:24:19 -05 2015

I just put my first 5209R into production and migrated a couple of sites
without email for now.

I see the CentOS7 FirewallD is being replaced by the traditional
iptables. It keeps putting the extra entry in named.conf for zone
"0.0.127.in-addr.arpa" but with db prefix on the file name and causing
the service not to start complaining of duplicate. I believe I've seen
this issue at once before with other BO versions?

Another weird thing is after installing Dfix, started getting a network
status error in the Active Monitor, found I could not ping my own
address. I had to add the local IP address to hosts.allow after seeing
iptables log entries related to my own IP, should this be needed? Never
seen that issue before.

--
Robert