[BlueOnyx:19501] 5209R systemd hangs on cced.init

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Sun Apr 24 10:04:04 -05 2016

Hi All,
Not sure if anyone else has run across this.  We have a box that, when
rebooted, does not come back from the reboot and cannot be remotely
accessed.  After looking into it I found that systemd had hung at the
boot process.  Apparently, cced.init is far up the front of the list for
this, and for whatever reason the server hangs there.

If I issue a systemctl stop cced.init, then the rest of the queued jobs
will run and the various services (sendmail, dovecot, admserv, httpd,
etc) will all start up almost instantly.   Then I can issue systemctl
start cced.init and again, systemd just appears to hang.

Then I can issue CTRL-C, and systemctl status cced.init, and the service
has obviously started.

My question is what can be done for this?  Why would we imagine
cced.init appears to hang in responding to systemd that the service is,
in fact, running?   And is there something that can be done to change
the sequence so that at least some of the more crucial services can come
up if cced.init does hang?

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services