[BlueOnyx:19507] Re: 5209R NIC Change

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Apr 25 11:58:08 -05 2016

Hi Darryl,

> I've moved the drives of a 5209R server to a new server and can't get it
> to see the new NIC. I've cleared the
> /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules file and it won't repopulate
> with the new NIC info. Any ideas?

I once threw together a set of scripts to fix this on 5209R, which are
included in the base install.

When you run /root/network_settings.sh and enter the network details of
the server, it will clean out /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules
as well and will update it with the new settings.

It does that by running this command:

/usr/sausalito/sbin/write_udev.pl >
/etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules

That checks "/sbin/ifconfig -a" for the MAC and of the NIC and writes it
to /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules

However: The catch is that these changes to 70-persistent-net.rules
require a reboot.

Let us know if that helps.