[BlueOnyx:19937] Re: New user question about spam

Michael Aronoff maronoff at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 22:05:57 -05 2016

Jeff wrote:
> doesn't seem like that should really be necessary with any modern control
panel (free or not).

BlueOnyx is maintained by a VERY small team. Really two guys with some other
people who help a little. SPAM-AV and Webmail both require frequent
maintenance and updates and there is simply not a large enough group of
volunteers to do it for free. The packages from Solarspeed and Compass are
really a great deal and well maintained and supported which is not often the
case for "free" software" and it is really one of the only ways they get
anything back for all the work they do.

That being said I am not aware of any comparable hosting control panel that
offers these types of things for free. I am not being flippant when I say if
there is then give those a try. You might find that BlueOnyx is better even
with the small cost for these add-ons.

M Aronoff Out – maronoff at gmail.com