[BlueOnyx:20045] Re: 5208R, stop replacing my cert

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Aug 31 16:04:09 -05 2016

Hi Chris,

> Another nuisance that's got the best of me this morning.   On one of our
> 5208R boxes (and only one) the SSL certificate keeps getting swapped out
> for the self-signed one, good until 2037.
>
> Of course, this causes everyone's email to freak out with certificate
> warnings, prompting a wave of support tickets.

Hell, yeah. That should not happen at all. Question: Did you install
your real certificate via the GUI or the command line?

As far as I recall: If it's installed via the GUI, then the GUI will
know that this is something that it shouldn't replace by a self signed one.

But I can certainly check that routine again and see if it needs
improvements.