[BlueOnyx:20032] 5208R, stop replacing my cert

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Wed Aug 31 08:13:23 -05 2016

Another nuisance that's got the best of me this morning.   On one of our
5208R boxes (and only one) the SSL certificate keeps getting swapped out
for the self-signed one, good until 2037.

Of course, this causes everyone's email to freak out with certificate
warnings, prompting a wave of support tickets.

I don't know why this happens, but it appears to be random.  Each time,
going to the GUI and re-importing the real certificate (we keep a
wildcard for all the webservers) fixes the issue.  Until it happens again.

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root    1 Aug 31 06:01 blank.txt
-rw-r----- 1 root root 5.9K Mar  8  2015 ca-certs
-rw-r----- 1 root root 1.2K Aug 31 06:01 certificate
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1.7K Mar  7  2015 key
-rw-r----- 1 root root  985 Aug 31 06:01 request

If you will notice, there are 3 files that all appear to be written as
of 06:01 this morning.

I'll check around if there is some sort of cron that is causing this,
but wanted to report it in the event someone else has seen it and has
any advice.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services