[BlueOnyx:20342] Re: 5209R cmuImport error - SOLVED

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Mon Dec 12 16:46:56 -05 2016

For the archives, I found the issue and got things working.

I kept coming back to the error message that looks like this in
/var/log/messages:
Dec 12 11:52:10 web40 cced(smd)[10660]: client 0:[0:10659]: AUTH to user
"admin" failed

This brought me to an old post where Michael had suggested restarting
cced.init (no joy) and then manually resetting password for admin & root
by using passwd command (also no joy.)

On a lark, I logged into the BlueOnyx GUI, reset the admin password to
the same password it was already set to and that fixed the CMU import
problem.

Therefore, I can only guess some sort of CODB corruption was at work.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services