[BlueOnyx:19244] Re: Feature Request - Display site name in delete confirmation

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Feb 29 23:46:38 -05 2016

Hi Jim,

> I just checked out the source for BO to my machine
> and I think I found the appropriate file I would
> modify and supply a diff file for ?

Please send me a diff or the entire file as email attachment. Code
inline in an email always looks ugly and looses formatting.

I briefly looked at your code example and I may be missing something.

But where and how does '.siteToRemove' get populated with the FQDN of
the Vsite? If I recall all that jQuery sees at that point is the group
name of the Vsite. Such as "site21", which (in the context of a pop-up)
isn't that helpful.

One of the reasons I left the FQDN out of the pop-up was localization.
The pop-up text is inserted via i18n from our GetText locales in the
language that the GUI visitor has configured. That text needs a
placeholder for the FQDN so that it can be inserted. Unless you put the
FQDN at the end of the GetText string and bypass the localization for it.

But even then: There either needs to be a jQuery function that
automatically inserts the right FQDN, or we need as many functions as
there are Vsites. Which would be *really* ugly and a waste of page load
time, bandwidth and CPU cycles.

But yes: If you got something that works easily, then I'm happy to add
it to the baseline code of BlueOnyx.