[BlueOnyx:18933] 5208 Can't add mailing lists

Jim Matysek matysekj at usms.org
Fri Jan 8 16:41:32 -05 2016

Since updating from 5108 to 5208, I can no longer add a mailing list via
the GUI. I can edit subscribers to existing lists, but can't add a new
list. The error message is "Sorry, an error occurred while trying to
create an email server map file. If mail server configuration files were
removed or manually modified, please restore the original versions and
try again".

What file(s) do this message pertain to and what pattern is it looking
for in that/those files? I do have a script on one site that modifies
the /etc/mail/virtusertable file to add forwarding addresses for that
site. I've been doing this since using a Cobalt 550R many years ago with
no problems. The virtuser table structure I have is:

# /[a bunch of commented-out lines about the structure of the file -
these have been here forever]/
admin at admin1.localdomain    admin
root-admin at admin1.localdomain    admin

# Put custom additions below (Do not change/remove this line).
/[this is where my script inserts a bunch of forwarding formulas]/
# Continue server-generated lines

# Cobalt System Section Begin

# Cobalt System Section End
/[this is where the BlueOnyx-generated formulas are inserted]/

That's it. Is this file the problem with this error message, and if so,
what magic string needs to be there and where so that I can add more
mailing lists? If it is another file, what file is it looking for and
what magic string?

--
Jim