[BlueOnyx:18996] Re: 5208R - Curious behavior of cced - fix is in the making

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Jan 14 14:57:32 -05 2016

Hi all,

Colin wrote:
> Still seeing this. Restarting CCED fixes it briefly but it returns fairly soon again.
> I have just restarted CCED to get into a 5208 machine. Created a new VSite and when it refreshed ... same old! :(
>
> CCED restart and back in again.
>
> Not using the cache at the moment.

Yeah. I also just had a 5208R of mine act up. Memcache was since long
disabled. But still it exhibited a number or related failures:

- GUI not working in browser unless you restart CCEd and/or admserv.

- Active Monitor sending Emails in languages other than English (or the
defined language). In most cases these emails were in Spanish. That
should never be the case, as we do have a fallback in Swatch that
defaults to 'en_US' if the language cannot be determined.

- Many cced child processes around, making cced and GUI unresponsive.

- Random failures of cronjobs that need cced. Such as these:

/etc/cron.hourly/newlinq_cron.pl:
Connect to AdmServ failed

Or this one: