[BlueOnyx:18997] Re: 5208R - Curious behavior of cced - fix is in the making

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Thu Jan 14 15:28:02 -05 2016

Hi All,

On 1/14/2016 1:57 PM, Michael Stauber wrote:
> So even with "memcached" disabled we're getting sporadic and
> reproducible failures all across the board. Which result in CCEd not
> responding in an expected fashion to valid GET requests.

Yeah, if you have missed my presence on the list lately, it's only
because we have been fairly flooded with seemingly random BlueOnyx
issues this week.   If you're in the trenches with scores of BlueOnyx
systems you know exactly what I'm talking about.

> I'm currently preparing a rollback. Which will bring back the (working)
> sausalito-cce* we had before the memcache update. This update will also
> uninstall the base-memcache module for now.

I think that's the wise move.

> Now this update is a bit complicated, so it'll take me a couple of hours
> to roll back the code and still splice in the "good fixes" we had for
> other stuff since then.
>
> I expect to have it ready in 3-4 hours and will post a notice to the
> list once I'm done.

Thanks for continuing to hammer on this, Michael.   I recognize the work
ain't easy.   Just know it is appreciated by guys like me who are
working to keep the support ticket volume to a reasonable level.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services