[BlueOnyx:19009] VPS Specifications

Colin Jack colin at mainline.co.uk
Mon Jan 18 07:59:27 -05 2016

Just looking for some input/opinions please.

We run all our servers as VPS on Aventurin{e}.
We seem to be suffering from 'server sprawl' and some of the older ones are still running 5106R, so my idea is to amalgamate onto fewer 5208/9R servers.

Question. What is the suggested best 'middle of the road' settings for CPU and memory for a 5209R VPS?
I appreciate it is a 'length of string' question but we don't have any sites that get hammered as such, and we can adjust settings if necessary.
Probably stick around 100 sites per server.

Just want some opinions please!

Colin