[BlueOnyx:19021] Re: VPS Specifications

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Jan 18 17:09:29 -05 2016

Hi Colin,

> Question. What is the suggested best 'middle of the road'
> settings for CPU and memory for a 5209R VPS?

EL7 and 5209R are a bit greedy as far as RAM is concerned. I usually
give them 4-8GB of RAM and 2-4GB of Swap for starters. If there is
something memory hungry running on 'em (lots of PHP and MySQL usage by
Vsites) then 8GB should be good a minimum. Of course: Your mileage might
be different.

> Probably stick around 100 sites per server.

The Vsites themselves aren't so much a problem. 200-250 Vsites wouldn't
be that big of a hit. The problem is more around the number of Users.
Boxes seem to get sluggish with 500-800 Users. Even a lot earlier if you
have a fair bunch of them checking their emails every minute.