[BlueOnyx:19810] Re: 5209R - Cannot find the NewLinQ server. Please try again later. - Message

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Thu Jul 7 07:25:58 -05 2016

Hi Greg,

On 7/7/2016 6:24 AM, Greg Kuhnert wrote:
>> We had another customer notify us components from BOPE failed today as a result of not being able to check the NewLinq licensing server.   This could be related.
>
> Was that a customer migrating stuff to you? If so, that client still had the old server turned on for 24 hours (for backout strategy), and newlinq saw the same stuff in two places… Thats why it was causing grief.

Actually, this was a different customer, but UK-based, that noticed the
issue.  The customer has been hosted with us since 2011 and on this
particular BOPE-enabled 5209R box since February of this year.

Dirk noted he found a routing issue with their carrier Cogent.  We also
use Cogent as part of our routing mix, though that's not the carrier of
preference from our network to yours.   It seems our routers would
sooner choose Level3, Zayo, or even FPLFN before falling back to Cogent
for that route.    So... could be related?  Possibly?

> Let me just say (private joke), I didn’t turn the newlinq server off by mistake causing any downtime :)

OUCH!  You know how to hurt a guy!  ;)

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services