[BlueOnyx:19679] Re: iptables not starting /fresh 5209R install

webmaster webmaster at oldcabin.net
Thu Jun 9 22:25:05 -05 2016

On 6/9/2016 4:53 PM, Michael Stauber wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
>> After running
>>
>> iptables -L -n
>>
>> I do now see that it is running
> Very well. I also just published a YUM update which takes care of it. On
> 5209R it now installs the RPM "iptables-service" which we need for the
> iptables Systemd Unit-File. That works better than the old InitV startup
> script that we previously brought aboard.
>
> With that in place iptables will now start up without errors on reboots.
>
> As I published half a dozen 5209R updates since the last 5209R CD
> release I'll also roll up a new ISO now. Should be out somewhat later today.

Yes indeed your update fixed my problem but...

Since the machine is here at home I decided to give it a reboot via the
keyboard

# shutdown -r now

After it came up I was locked out of ssh and web (my network)
keyboard/monitor is fine

Rebooted one more time just in case

# shutdown -r now

Same as before  locked out  of ssh and web (my network) keyboard/monitor
is fine

After that I did this

iptables -L -n

and saw a couple of unfamiliar entries

so I did

iptables --flush

Bingo I am in

Something to do with the update?

Worried that the "unfamiliar entries" will return on reboot

Thanks

--Tim