[BlueOnyx:20247] Re: AV-Spam 6 - removing domain from greylisting

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Nov 14 18:45:25 -05 2016

Hi Colin,

> We have never been able to get AV-Spam to whitelist a whole domain - we always have to add all the users in individually.
> Domains are added in the GUI using the domain name as indicated by the help: i.e. domain.com and appear correctly in the greylist.conf:
>
> # List of domains that DO NOT want greylisting:
> list "nongrey domains" domain { \
>        domain.com \
> }
>
> # And here is the access list:
> racl whitelist list "my_network"
> racl whitelist list "broken_mta"
> racl whitelist list "greylist_extra"
> racl whitelist list "nongrey users"
> racl whitelist list "nongrey domains"
>

> This is on all our mail servers (all running AV-Spam 6.2.1-1)

What you posted there is the config of Milter-Greylist. That's just for
the Greylisting and doesn't take domains, but network addresses. Any
additions to that can be added via the GUI and those IP's and network
addresses will then no longer be affected by Greylisting.

Whitelisting domains in SpamAssassin is another topic. You can - either
on a per user of per server level - add Whitelisted email addresses.
Those will get 900 bonus points to make sure that they make it through
SpamAssasin no matter which other rules apply.

Lastly, on a per user level you can turn SpamAssassin off via the GUI
for that account, so that messages aren't quarantined or flagged as
SPAM. They will still receive SpamAssassin headers, but that's it.