[BlueOnyx:20060] Re: 5209R Sendmail hanging - please read

Colin Jack colin at mainline.co.uk
Thu Sep 1 10:42:50 -05 2016

Hi Michael,

> Hi all,
>
> > Every so often, and usually in the early morning, we will find our 5209R
> > boxes with hung Sendmail.    Typically if it happens on one, it's
> > happening on the others as well.  I wonder if anyone else has had this
> > happen?

> Now let's get to Sendmail with the AV-SPAM:
>
> On 16th August I published the AV-SPAM 6.2.1-1, which contains fixes that are
> supposed to deal with most of the issues.

We are running 6.2.1-1 on all mail servers.

We have been regularly coming in to a stalled sendmail on 5209R - we then run 'systemctl restart avspam.service' and all starts working apart from saslauthd which then restart separately.

This was only happening about once a week, but this has happened every day for the last week or so.

On 5208R we cannot run geoip for avspam because again after a few days mail stops flowing and we have to run 'service avspam restart' to get everything working again.
If we disable geoip it seems okay.

> Please check which version of the AV-SPAM you all have installed. If your's is
> hanging and is not version 6.2.1-1, then please consider upgrading. Once you
> have upgraded, disable an AV-SPAM Milter and turn it back again. That will
> create a new and impoved sendmail.mc and sendmail.cf.
>
> And I'd love to hear if anyone still has issues although 6.2.1-1 is already
> installed.

We do. Sorry. :-/

Regards

Colin