[BlueOnyx:20080] Re: GUI replacing localhost with 127.0.0.1

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Wed Sep 7 07:35:32 -05 2016

Hi Dan,

On 9/7/2016 6:25 AM, Dogsbody wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> I *think* it's the GUI that is replacing localhost with 127.0.0.1.
>
> For clarity, when you use "127.0.0.1" then you can only login using
> "127.0.0.1" however when you use "localhost" you can login with either
> "localhost" or "127.0.0.1".

I have witnessed this behaviour as well.   We'll get an alarming message
from a customer about why has their [insert CMS here] has stopped
working.  Change localhost to 127.0.0.1 in the config script and it's
fine.   However, changing back to "localhost" in the GUI doesn't get it
to work for whatever the reason.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services