[BlueOnyx:20104] Re: 5209R

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Sep 23 20:35:29 -05 2016

Hi Tim,

> I have a client who needs to be able to create  DIR(s), put a file(s) in
> them and then give his clients the URL(s) for the DIR(s), they see
> file(s) in the DIR and then can click to download the file(s)
>
> I CAN get directory listing to work if I add this to the site's conf file
>
> <Directory /home/.sites/31/site36/web>
> DirectoryIndex disabled
> Options Indexes
> </Directory>

The thing is that you cannot have both:

A directory with an index file such as index.php/index.html *and*
directory listing. Because if there is an index.*, then there will be no
listing.

What you can do: Have a subdirectory beneath without index.* file and
have the client stuff the files he wants to share into that.

A much better solution might be to install OwnCloud (see:
https://owncloud.com/) on the Vsite. Or into a subdirectory of it.

That can be used to share files easily with other users. You can set up
access rights for multiple users, or you can create a link that provides
authed access to the specific file only for the person that has the link
that OwnCloud generated for sharing purpose.