[BlueOnyx:20896] Re: PKG Autoinstall defect - Summary

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Apr 10 20:38:11 -05 2017

Hi RC,

> It all worked but it will not uninstall the MariaDB 10.18 and does not
> install Mariadb 5.5.40, if you uninstall via the Gui
> there is no DB installed at all

Greg mentioned this to me and I will look into it. If you require
further assistance with this, then either Greg or I will of course do that.

However: I think you might also want to consider to keep the updated
MariaDB. By now all PHP versions for 5209R fully work with it without
any ill side effects, as they have been recompiled to use MySQL-NG for
connection to MariaDB. Hence the "incorrect header"-error message in
some PHP scripts no longer happens.

But we can do it either way as you see fit: Do a manual rollback or keep it.