[BlueOnyx:20960] Re: LetsEncrypt Install Error

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Apr 24 15:04:56 -05 2017

Hi Richard,

> There is no folder under /var/log named letsencrypt. That may be the first
> problem!  This is from /var/log/messages:

That could be. The info in /var/log/messages doesn't contain anything
I'm looking for either.

Please file a support request via the GUI and tick the checkbox to
submit the login details. I'll then take a look at it.

> This is a Wordpress site and this is what is in the .htaccess file. I did
> try removing it but still the same error.
>
> # BEGIN WordPress
> <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
> RewriteEngine On
> RewriteBase /
> RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
> RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
> </IfModule>

I see. My suggestion would be to change it to this just to be sure:

# BEGIN WordPress
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^.well-known/ - [L,NC]
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>

That excludes ^.well-known from any redirects.