[BlueOnyx:20979] Re: Trouble with perl scripts in a subdomain

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Apr 28 12:15:40 -05 2017

Hi Chris,

> The customer has subdomains configured on one of the sites, and requires
> a .pl file to be run from the cgibin via web.
>
> The same script runs fine from the main vsite, but not the subdomain. We
> have checked ownership and added .htaccess with "Require all granted"
> into the cgi-bin directory.   No joy.

I'm half way out of the door for a weekend trip, so this will have to a
bit brief. On 5209R I had a lot of problems to get Perl scripts to run
in the webspace in first place, as the involved mechanisms changed
between Apache 2.2 and 2.4.

For the Vsite (if CGI is enabled) we add something like this to the
siteX file:

<Directory /home/.sites/28/site1/web>
    AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .pl
    Options +ExecCGI
</Directory>

I'm not sure what we add to the Vhost container of a subdomain (if
anything Perl related at all). But I presume if you add this snippet
with the corrected path and restart Apache it'll work.

Early next week when I'm back I'll check base-subdomain and will fix it
if need be so that Perl works out of the box in case it's enabled for
the primary Vsite.

Another work around that doesn't require any hacking: Turn the subdomain
into a real Vsite and copy the content over.