[BlueOnyx:21247] Re: Fail2ban and/or dfix2 or something else is blocking me?

Maurice de Laat mdlaat at muisnetwerken.nl
Wed Aug 9 06:59:24 -05 2017

Hi Brian,

On 09-08-17 01:17, Fungal Style wrote:
> OK, I have the culprit, it is APF firewall, I stopped it and now I can
> access the site again, the next steps now would be to find out what went
> wrong and why it was blocking all traffic.

Check apf's logfile, usually in /var/log/apf_log.

Furthermore, for testing purposes, apf has a developer mode that can be
enabled in the configfile, usually /etc/apf/conf.apf:
# [Main]
##
# !!! Do not leave set to (1) !!!
# When set to enabled; 5 minute cronjob is set to stop the firewall. Set
# this off (0) when firewall is determined to be operating as desired.
DEVEL_MODE="0"

setting devel_mode to 1 forces apf to stop (and allow all connections)
after 5 minutes.

Kind regards
Maurice