[BlueOnyx:21593] Re: 550-5.7.1 this message does not meet IPv6 sending guidelines regarding PTR

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Dec 21 16:20:38 -05 2017

Hi Jeff,

> CLIENT_OPTIONS(`Family=inet6,Addr=::ffff:1.2.3.4')dnl
>
> Michael can add to this, but this has gotten me through.

It's interesting that you put it into CLIENT_OPTIONS. This sure tells
Sendmail to not send emails via IPv6 but to use IPv4 instead via that
hybrid IPv6:IPv4 address. I'll take a look into that and might add it as
an option.

Here is what I've been fleshing out for the dual-stack and IPv6 BlueOnyx
that's currently in development:

Current default for IPv4:
DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp, Name=MTA')
dnl DAEMON_OPTIONS(`port=smtp,Addr=::1, Name=MTA-v6, Family=inet6')dnl

Result: Enabled on IPv4, not listening to IPv6.

Dual Stack: Not possible, at best IPv6 at localhost:
DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp, Name=MTA')
DAEMON_OPTIONS(`port=smtp,Addr=::1, Name=MTA-v6, Family=inet6')

Result: Enabled on IPv4, on IPv6 it only listens to localhost.

IPv6 only:
dnl DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp, Name=MTA')dnl
DAEMON_OPTIONS(`port=smtp, Name=MTA-v6, Family=inet6', Modifier=O)

Result: Disabled on IPv4, listening to IPv6 exclusively.