[BlueOnyx:21594] Re: 550-5.7.1 this message does not meet IPv6 sending guidelines regarding PTR

Jeff Folk jfolk at qzoneinc.com
Thu Dec 21 16:38:45 -05 2017

Michael,

> On Dec 21, 2017, at 3:20 PM, Michael Stauber <mstauber at blueonyx.it> wrote:
>
> It's interesting that you put it into CLIENT_OPTIONS. This sure tells
> Sendmail to not send emails via IPv6 but to use IPv4 instead via that
> hybrid IPv6:IPv4 address. I'll take a look into that and might add it as
> an option.

It truly is confusing to me, how only this one 5208 suffers from this ailment. I thought IPv6 was disabled in BlueOnyx, but this box announces IPv6 over sendmail anyway… At least it does to Google, and others that <rant>rediculously</rant> deny mail connections from MTAs without reverse DNS…

Merry Christmas!
Jeff