[BlueOnyx:20498] Re: BlueOnyx on Azure

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Wed Jan 11 08:18:15 -05 2017

On 1/11/2017 2:30 AM, bluequartz at ozin.com wrote:
> I want to move one of my BlueOnyx servers to Azure.

Yuk.  That's 2 platforms that are really not designed for each other.
I'd avoid that in any sort of production environment.

> I am happy to start from scratch. There is no facility to boot from ISO in Azure. So one has to upload a pre-prepared image that will boot from DHCP.
>
> Alternatively, add BlueOnyx to one of their base Centos Images.

If I had a gun to my head to complete the task?   I guess I'd start here:
http://www.blueonyx.it/index.php?page=5209r-manual-install

After that, your life is in your hands, so to speak.   Note that the
TAR-ball install method was done away with some time ago.  With good
reason.

If your goals include minimizing your cost, frustration and ongoing
maintenance when things break (because they will) I'd recommend
exploring other options.   We, and other providers, offer natively
supported BlueOnyx options "in the cloud" that may be worth exploring.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services