[BlueOnyx:20499] Re: BlueOnyx on Azure

Group Bluequartz bluequartz at ozin.com
Wed Jan 11 09:03:46 -05 2017

Thanks for the reply Chris

> Yuk.  That's 2 platforms that are really not designed for each other.
> I'd avoid that in any sort of production environment.

I disagree. There are literally hundreds of CentOS packages available for Azure already. It is a tested a stable platform. Azure is free (up to $5k spend p.a.) for charities. So is a compelling platform.

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-gb/marketplace/?term=centos

It would be interesting to see what the take up would be if BlueOnyx made itself available on this platform. On paper it is not hard. It just needs a couple of libraries added and the ability to start up using dhcp

Look like I will be using this one then:

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-gb/marketplace/partners/cognosys/secured-lamp-on-centos/

Regards