[BlueOnyx:20530] Re: Smart Host *** fixed ***

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Jan 16 16:40:03 -05 2017

Hi Tony,

> In the GUI if the Smart Relay Server option is filled in/used and a YUM
> update comes in then the value may no longer used as per these emails and my
> testing today;
>
> 	For me...
>
> 		BlueOnyx 5107R/5108R Series
> 		5107R

Yeah, this has been around for a while. Many thanks for reminding me.

Now here is the deal:

I just published a fix for 5207R, 5208R and 5209R which solves this
problem once and for all.

Whenever the constructor syncEmailServices.pl runs, it now also takes
care of the "forgotten" parameters such as:

 - smartRelay
 - hideHeaders
 - delayChecks
 - masqAddress
 - maxRecipientsPerMessage

These were previously ignored.

Now what about 5106R, 5107R and 5108R?

First of all: 5106R will be EOL in 75 days from now, so I won't bother.

The fix for 5107R and 5108R is to perform the Yum update to either 5207R
or 5208R as outlined in this easy, risk free and fool-proof six step
documentation: http://www.blueonyx.it/index.php?page=upgrade

There is absolutely no reason not to upgrade from 5107R to 5207R or from
5108R to 5208R. Not having upgraded by now means you've been missing all
the fun while literally thousands of feature updates and fixes went
right past your nose in the last two and a half years.

So please: Run the update procedure as outlined here:

http://www.blueonyx.it/index.php?page=upgrade