[BlueOnyx:20572] Re: MyDNS alternative PowerDNS?

Gregg K greggk at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 14:45:00 -05 2017

> Hi all,
>
> Is anyone here using PowerDNS as DNS server or has some experience or
> recommendations about it?

I have been using PowerDNS along with PowerAdmin for 3 or 4 years now.
It works nicely, I haven't had to mess with it in years.  It's very stable,
and I do have the MySQL replication on so that only one DNS ever needs to be
updated.
It also receives DNS information from BlueOnyx and updates them accordingly.

> I ask because I'm looking for an alternative to MyDNS/MyDNS-NG.
>
> In specific I'm looking for an easy alternative to migrate away from MyDNS
> onto something that's still actively maintained, modern, secure and allows
> for the most simplistic and robust way to share zones between different
DNS