[BlueOnyx:20576] Re: MyDNS alternative PowerDNS?

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sat Jan 21 15:48:26 -05 2017

Hi Gregg,

> I have been using PowerDNS along with PowerAdmin for 3 or 4 years now.
> It works nicely, I haven't had to mess with it in years.  It's very stable,
> and I do have the MySQL replication on so that only one DNS ever needs to be
> updated.

That sounds good. I still have to replace one of my last 5106R, which is
tertiary DNS at the moment (via MyDNS). I wasn't able to throw that one
out until the other two DNS servers were switched to PowerDNS, which I
just completed.

So far it seems to look good and it seems to work fine and without hickups.

> It also receives DNS information from BlueOnyx and updates them accordingly.

Out of curiosity: How did you set that up? Via the Bind zone-files?