[BlueOnyx:20594] Re: how to downgrade mariadb 10 to 5.5 or MYSQL?

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Jan 26 11:52:35 -05 2017

Hi Mon Chan,

> Joomla 1.5, cannot show chinese text, need update some mysql setting (No
> issue with BX5209R with mariaDB 5.5)
>
> opencart 2.3.0.2, show error (mysqli::mysqli(): Headers and client library
> minor version mismatch. Headers)I just change the php ver to 5.4.16 with
> the correct ver for mysqli, i think this is not mariadb 10 issue.
>
> OrangeHRM, show error for the, cannot go after input all mysql information.
> You need at least MySQL 4.1.x, Detected MySQL ver

I'm taking a look at this at the moment by setting up a test box with
MariaDB-10.1.18 and these exact applications installed.

The thing is as follows: PHP needs to be compiled against the MariaDB
version that is in use. However: There is some leeway if the
libmysqlclient is of the same version.

For example:

Both MariaDB-5.5 and MariaDB-10.1 use libmysqlclient.so.18.0.0. PHP
connects via that to MariaDB. As it's the same library version the
general connectivity just works fine for anything PHP related.

However: Some applications are more picky and might still report
different header versions, which is nitpicking and irritating, because
it shouldn't matter in first place.

I'm looking at ways to fix this and I have several options for that
under investigation to determine the best course of actions.