[BlueOnyx:20604] Re: how to downgrade mariadb 10 to 5.5 or MYSQL?

Mon Chan mon.chan at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 23:58:40 -05 2017

Dear Michael

My fix in Mariadb 10 chinese text issue.
Just add one line in this file.
/etc/my.cnf.d/mysql-clients.cnf
[mysql]
default-character-set=utf8

BTW: I have some question for PHP+Mariadb bundle. is product behavior or
bug?

1. The PHP app must set the server as 127.0.0.1, using locathost is cannot
connect. I Using phpmyadmin see the premission table, the server address is
127.0.0.1
2. Create the first MYSQL account is not working, need go to UI Services >
MariaDB > MariaDB Permissions and click save.