[BlueOnyx:20605] Re: how to downgrade mariadb 10 to 5.5 or MYSQL?

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Jan 27 00:35:05 -05 2017

Hi Mon Chan,

> My fix in Mariadb 10 chinese text issue.
> Just add one line in this file.
> /etc/my.cnf.d/mysql-clients.cnf
> [mysql]
> default-character-set=utf8

Very well.

> 1. The PHP app must set the server as 127.0.0.1, using locathost is cannot
> connect. I Using phpmyadmin see the premission table, the server address is
> 127.0.0.1

I mentioned this a few days ago: CentOS 7.2 has IPv4 and IPv6 enabled by
default. We only use IPv4 networking with BlueOnyx 5209R. Still, when
you (or an application such as PHP or MySQL) does an "nslookup
localhost", then you get two answers and not one:

127.0.0.1 (localhost IPv4)
::1 (localhost IPv6)

The PHP MySQL client can't deal with this correctly or reliably. Hence
we configure the MySQL host access rights with '127.0.0.1'.

> 2. Create the first MYSQL account is not working, need go to UI Services >
> MariaDB > MariaDB Permissions and click save.

I have not seen that yet. So before a Vsite can create a MySQL-User (and
database) you need to go to MariaDB > MariaDB Permissions and click save?