[BlueOnyx:20612] networking issues after most recent update

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Fri Jan 27 11:31:07 -05 2017

We keep monitoring on our BlueOnyx GUI pages to ensure that they are
responsive, and SSL responds with a legit certificate.  After last night
/ this morning those monitors began to fail.

I was unable to find the monitoring station(s) in the logfiles, unable
to find an indication those IPs had been blocked, etc.   Opened console
to one of the affected boxes to try pinging the monitoring station, and
got something like this:

[root at web41 log]# ping 8.8.8.8
ping: socket: Address family not supported by protocol

Huh?

Turns out it won't ping anything.

These are 5208R & 5209R systems on Aventurin{e} 6108R.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services