[BlueOnyx:21199] Re: Outbound sendmail port

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Tue Jul 18 08:54:13 -05 2017

Hi Colin,

On 7/18/2017 6:53 AM, Colin Jack wrote:
> Is it possible to change the outbound sendmail port to 587 from 25 via the GUI?
> We are testing a new relay server and they will only accept mail on 587.

To make sure I've got you clearly, you're saying that you want all
outbound email from the server to 587?  That won't work at all as that's
not how SMTP is designed.

587 is submission port, and should only accept email from authenticated
users (ie: a username & password).

Relay from server to server is always performed on 25.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services