[BlueOnyx:21209] Migration Question

Don Teague blueonyx at donteague.com
Mon Jul 24 13:27:22 -05 2017

I know I've asked this before, but I can't find my notes.

Almost hate asking this, but ...

I've got a 5208R that I need to migrate to a new VM. This is the machine
that I goofed up a permissions change on a while back, and I suspect I'm
still having some weird side effects.

I've got items that I've purchased from the BlueOnyx store, including
PHP and Advanced Backup Restore.

What's the best way to migrate here? I'm okay with downtime on this, so
that's not a major concern. Would/Could I spin up a new 5209R, map it to
the same IP Address as the 5208R (which I would shut down, of course)
and re-link the packages?

In theory, would the Restore package then be available to help me
restore the contents of the old server onto this new one?