[BlueOnyx:21210] Re: Migration Question

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Jul 24 13:36:25 -05 2017

Hi Don,

> What's the best way to migrate here? I'm okay with downtime on this, so
> that's not a major concern. Would/Could I spin up a new 5209R, map it to
> the same IP Address as the 5208R (which I would shut down, of course)
> and re-link the packages?

There are two ways how you can do this and that is one of them, yes.

1.) Put the new server on the same IP. Install the "NewLinQ" package via
"Third Party Software". Then for good measure restart CCEd:

/usr/sausalito/sbin/cced.init restart

Then in the GUI go to "Software Updates" / "BlueOnyx Shop" / "Status
Check". At first it may tell you that an "automatic resync" was
requested. Give it a minute or two and access the page again. It should
eventually show "Your connection to the NewLinQ server is operating
correctly." and then you can reinstall the software.

2.) The other way is to uninstall/unlink all PKGs from the old server.
That would allow you to relink/reinstall the PKGs to a new server, even
if it has a different IP.

> In theory, would the Restore package then be available to help me
> restore the contents of the old server onto this new one?

You mean the restore functionality of the "Automated Backup"? It's
better to use CMU directly via the instructions shown here:

http://www.blueonyx.it/index.php?page=cmu-migrations