[BlueOnyx:20793] Re: FW: MySQL Error

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Tue Mar 7 11:34:42 -05 2017

Hi there, uh... "abuse".  ;)

On 3/7/2017 10:24 AM, abuse at sithost.ca wrote:
> We have a client who is having MySQL DB issues..
>
> So, back to Server Manager -> MariaDB I go and I see “MariaDB connection
> cannot be established. Check settings.”
>
> I’ve also reset the MariaDB service and no luck there as well.
>

> Checked the mariadb.log file as well..
>
> But don’t see much issues there’
>

> Any ideas?

Check [BlueOnyx:20613].   "The issue is: The MySQL databases were
imported from an older version of MySQL during a migration. And they
still use the old password mechanism."

Reset the password in the GUI (as well as your root, if necessary) and
that should fix it.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services