[BlueOnyx:21532] Upgrading PHP releases.

Fungal Style wayin at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 18 19:07:10 -05 2017

Hi all,

I believe I have seen this raised once before but I am buggered if I can locate the thread.

As per http://php.net/supported-versions.php anything prior to PHP 5.6 has not been supported for some time, I was wanting to quickly set up a box to test out an application without deploying to my live servers prior to testing for bugs and vulnerabilities, the app requires PHP 5.6 as a minimum as most do these days…

I believe the thread mentioned things breaking in the web portal side of things if a later release was used, can anyone confirm this as I am thinking of just trying it as it is only a scratch box and I can always spend 15-30 mins getting everything back to where it was.

Anyway… look forward to some ideas.

Regards
Brian