[BlueOnyx:21531] Re: Multiple Web Server Aliases but not all should redirect

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Nov 17 16:25:51 -05 2017

Hi Jochen,

> as my experience tells me and also the given link you can only either
> redirect to the main URL or just don't.
> http://wiki.blueonyx.it/userguide/vsite/vsiteweb
>
> Is it somehow possible to redirect only for some of the Aliases and
> others seem to act as a independent page?
> The reason is that a customer wants to have multiple domain names which
> redirect to the main page, fewer others should be independent which show
> actually the same page but in a different language (.de for german, .be.
> for french). It's wordpress that displays the translated page for some
> of the domains.

This could perhaps be done with RewriteRules in an .htaccess in /web of
that Vsite. Like have the redirect off in the GUI for the Vsite and then
selectively redirect via .htaccess.

Another way would be to create additional Vsites for this purpose and
let them use the same DocumentRoot and MySQL database. For that purpose
the new DocumentRoot must be specified in
/etc/httpd/conf/vhosts/siteX.include and that will override the one from
/etc/httpd/conf/vhosts/siteX.

That way you could have the GUI handle the redirects. Still: If you go
for different language setups and this is handled via different URLs or
URL parameters, then you might still need .htaccess files with
RewriteRules that manage this.