[BlueOnyx:21473] Re: Bizarre 5209R loses network config

Michael Aronoff maronoff at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 18:04:33 -05 2017

Michael  Stauber wrote:
> Sounds interesting. Many thanks for the link. I'll take a look at it.

I wrote up my setup to make new server setups easy. Hopefully this saves you
and some other people some time. It is a super easy setup.

cd /home/installations
mkdir chkservices
cd chkservices
wget https://github.com/caparisotto/chkservices/archive/master.zip
unzip master.zip
cd chkservices-master/Centos7
chmod 755 install.sh
./install.sh

To setup the config: create a file and use the info below as a starting
point.
nano -w /etc/chkservices/chkservices.conf

More info at: https://github.com/caparisotto/chkservices

--- Config file START ----
# Chkservices Settings

# Services to be checked
# Add services separated with space, eg: "httpd squid"
SERVICES="avspam saslauthd httpd"

# Check every x seconds, don't be crazy, min value: 60
INTERVAL="120"

# Sysadmin mail
MAIL_TO="you at youremailaddress.com"

# You can set the sender to get there, get-in-box, and not in spam.
# @youserver.local goes well on gmail servers
MAIL_FROM="admin at youremailaddress.com "
--- Config File END ----

systemctl enable chkservices