[BlueOnyx:21957] BO5209 - increased outbound UDP traffic

John jsikes at sikesland.com
Sat Apr 21 09:41:00 -05 2018

Hello all,
On Tuesday night I began to see an increase in UDP traffic on 3 5209 boxes.  I shut down 2 of the 3 as they were development boxes, but one has a live site.  All 3 were producing about 600k outbound traffic continuously.  Normal outbound traffic averages about 30k.
I checked my log files and didn't find anything too far out of norms.  I did a TCPDump and saw hundreds of records of UDP to different ports.
I have been searching for the last few days for a solution, but wanted to check here before I did something foolish as I have done so many times in the past.
So any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
John