[BlueOnyx:21646] Re: Aventurin{e} 6108R & BlueOnyx: Sceptre / Meltdown and Kernels

Colin Jack colin at mainline.co.uk
Sun Jan 7 11:37:59 -05 2018

Hi Chris,

    What I notice is that if the VPS's are "suspended" which appears to be
    the first option that will be attempted in a reboot of the node, they
    will not boot into the new kernel themselves.  Not to mention the delay
    in the shutdown process (can take a LOOOOONNNNGGGGG time).

    Therefore, what I have been doing in order to speed up the process is
    issue a shutdown for all the virtuals, then issue the reboot.  This can
    be done in a one-line like this:
    for VE in $(vzlist -Ha -o veid); do vzctl stop $VE; done && reboot

Nice way of doing it. Thanks for sharing.

Regards

Colin