[BlueOnyx:21663] SPF record in DNS

Meaulnes Legler @ MailList bluelist at waveweb.ch
Wed Jan 10 21:26:41 -05 2018

hello

since a while, gmail doesn't accept e-mails sent from a specific domain on one of my virtual servers. Other domains don't have this problem. Probably too many users of that specific domain sending too much rubbish... It says:

<user at gmail.com>
     (reason: 550-5.7.1 This message does not have authentication information or fails to pass)

Google recommends to create an SPF record for that domain by creating a TXT record in the DNS containing this text: v=spf1 include:_spf.google.com ~all

Now, in BlueOnyx's cool GUI, its wizard suggests: v=spf1 mx a

Not knowing what this all means, I tried out both and entered *
*

*v=spf1 mx a include:_spf.google.com ~all*

in the DNS TXT record. After at most 48 hours, the SPF record should go into effect, but gmail still rejects the e-mails...

I need some help here, please!

Thank you and best regards

Meaulnes Legler
~  www.WaveWeb.ch  ~