[BlueOnyx:21679] Re: milter-geoip fails a lot

Jeff Folk jfolk at qzoneinc.com
Wed Jan 24 11:18:10 -05 2018

> I'm having trouble with a particular BlueOnyx (on Aventurin{e}) server generating alarms with our monitoring.  The system has AV-Spam on it.
>
> Check the maillog, and sure enough:
> Milter (milter-geoip): error connecting to filter: Connection timed out with /var/run/milter-geoip.sock
>
> In each case, restarting milter-geoip fixes the problem.  Until milter-geoip crashes again.
>
> We're not seeing this on other systems, and nothing indicating in the maillog or the message log.
>
> Any ideas what I ought to look for?

I’ll be watching this intently. I also have this issue on a server (not Aventurine, though). Originally, Michael suggested for me to clear the spam database, and that stopped the crashes for over a week, but also cleared the learned spam ‘rules’. Probably not how I want to handle this in the future.

Jeff