[BlueOnyx:22011] Re: Issues with default web site 5209R

Sven.VanDorpe Sven.VanDorpe at portima.com
Fri May 4 14:42:03 -05 2018

Hi Michael,

> I saw your ticket last night, but didn't get to it any sooner than this.
> So let's talk about it here.

Yes, I thought that I was maybe not the only one with the behavior change. 😉

Thanks for the information about the config change, I placed the " PerlConfigRequire /etc/httpd/conf.perl/00-default-vsite.pl" line into comment and my default site behavior returned to normal.

Now I still have some questions as I presume that yum updates will reactivate the default site behavior.
I am currently not impacted by the issues that you discuss. Our webhosting server is rather small.

The possibilities that I see are the following:
	1. Comment out the specific default site line in httpd.conf:
		This procedure will have to be performed whenever yum updates the environment, maybe once a month.
		The drawback is that in future developments it could occur that the line can no longer be commented out, the future will show.

	2. Modify the default GUI site behavior so that http (TCP-80) and eventual HTTPS (TCP-443) calls are redirected towards the cloacked redirect script.
		Our clients do not use the Blueonyx GUI for management, and our system administrators use the ssl based TCP-81 port for management purposes.
		Drawback, Yum updates will also require validation of the config or reactivation of the specific rewrite rules.

Do you see any other possible options that I could use to deactivate the behavior or to alter the behavior to site1 ?

You may close the support ticket as we are discussing the behavior via the mailing list.

With kind regards,

Sven Van Dorpe
System/Network Engineer

T +32 2 661 41 13 | M +32 475 38 19 20
W www.portima.com

Disclaimer |Address | Think before you print