[BlueOnyx:22017] Re: nginx issue (another one)

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sun May 6 16:12:36 -05 2018

Hi Maurice,

> For apache, every incoming traffic now has set as source the own ip of
> the vsite.

I'm not seeing that, as each Vsite config file for Nginx has this in it:

    location / {

      add_header Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=25;" always;

      include /etc/nginx/headers.d/security.conf;

      proxy_http_version   1.1;

      proxy_set_header     Connection "";

      proxy_set_header     Host $host;

      proxy_set_header     X-Real-IP $remote_addr;

      proxy_set_header     X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;

      proxy_set_header     X-Forwarded-Proto $scheme;

      proxy_pass           http://<VsiteName>:80/;

      proxy_read_timeout   90;

    }

So in the Apache logfiles we see the IP of the actual visitor.

> So, I have added the file /etc/http/conf.d/nginx-ssl-proxy.conf and
> added the following three lines
> RemoteIPHeader X-Forwarded-For
> RemoteIPInternalProxy 1.2.3.4
> RemoteIPTrustedProxy 1.2.3.4

That should not be neccessary, as it's redundant with what we already have?